Tuesday 31 January 2012

Todays the day....

Today is my very last day with Pfizer.  It's been a long time coming in many ways but in others the 11 years have flown by as have the 2 months since we found out what our fate was to be.  We have been racing round and round through the change curve like a roller coaster lurching from positivity and excitement ones day to despondency, anxiety and despair on others.  We have been angry and sad, confused and focused and often all at the same time.  It has been reassuring to know that this is all perfectly normal and so are episodes of fantasy and denial.

It is strange trying to discipline ourselves to have some sort of routine - it almost feels as though every day is a Saturday or Sunday which is good in some ways but then when the weekend comes along it just feels like any other day and has lost its sparkle a little....

We have been making cost-saving almost a new hobby and it has been sort fun to see how much money we can NOT spend.  We went into Birmingham Market and saved a fortune on fruit and veg and meat and fish.  Sadly, we then rewarded ourselves in Starbucks with coffee and muffins setting us back almost as much as we saved...............!!!!!

I have had a couple of lovely lunches to say goodbye to my lovely Pfizer colleagues.  It is the people that I will miss most of all.......the East Midlands Team bought me a beautiful necklace (which I was not expecting given that so many people are leaving all at the same time) and lots of people have called or texted or left messages on Face Book to say goodbye.

Yesterday the car, phone and computer all went back.  The upside is that I am working only on the Mac now instead of flitting between the two and that I have "had to" buy myself a new iPhone.  That has made me very happy, at least for a moment or two!  My last payday has come and gone but the upside of that is that we paid of all the little bits and pieces and are totally debt free except for the mortgage.

As far as the B&B plans are going, we are slowly but surely making progress.  The house is now officially on the Market with Melvyn Danes.  www.melvyndanes.co.uk  We have a number of businesses lined up for viewings in March and some local ones this week to get a feel for the process and what we will get for our money....The Scotland trip is cloming together nicely.  We have looked really carefully at other locations and always return to Scotland on grounds of value for money, location and business potential.

Now that the USA Trip is off, it's hard to find interesting things to write about but I will keep going with this as things could get interesting again very soon.....

The biggest thing I can do now is share this blog with my Face Book friends which has been something I been reluctant to do until this stage in the process.

We'll keep you posted........and as ever any feedback, ideas, criticisms or comments are always welcome......

No comments:

Post a Comment